Almond Cake, Pinstripe, and Maryjanes*




You would be surprised what you can learn in a day.




As I am growing closer to Christ and preparing for the year of divine focus toward destiny, I see that Christ is also teaching me about who I am. Now, when I think "Identity" I don't think about things specific to me but more so all Christians, as we are all His children. Although as I am about to start this journey I see that I will be learning about who "Liberty" is. My loves, likes, dislikes, and challenges-today I was able to get a small glimpse into what this next year will be like. My breath is taken away as God is showing me that He cares about His children down to every last detail-what love.

For me to say today was a busy day would be an understatement, after having two weekdays and a weekend to recuperate from a horrible bug- I had to go back into the office at full throttle. I had been planning a big meeting for two weeks now and of course the meeting would fall on my first day back. (sigh) Knowing that today was going to be a big day, I dressed for success; I wore my navy blue pinstripe suit and some navy heels. As I walked past glass buildings throughout the day, every now and then catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror I thought "I don't like heels". This thought acted as both an epiphany and the start of my journey of self-discovery- I have always been a maryjane kind of girl. Stiletto heels came into play when I was trying to acquire a certain image in the past......"accepted sophistication". As stated before in previous blogs, I came from a place of low-self esteem and accommodation- my style of dress was no different, I took recommendations. Well today I found out....I don't like heels and because there is no law, I am committing to changing the things I can. So, overtime I plan to get some cute fashionable shoes that compliment me (and donate the others)- as God allows and the budget permits of course, this was my first discovery that day.

A small yet simple pleasure was the small sliver of almond cake I cut for myself outside of the supervisor's office. The Director prepared a cake for the office and it was superb* (something else I like, almond cake)

In my hustle and bustle I did not manage to eat breakfast and rushed lunch (I only had a quick small salad), not getting a good amount of sleep the night before, I was tired and decided to grab a gatorade as a pick me up. Still running, later on in the evening as I was on the way to meet with a friend, I was exhausted and had to cut the visit short. I ran full speed all day without stopping, in the silence of my drive home (in haste because I did not feel well) God showed me all the fast action of the day and how I constantly neglected my needs-this hit me like a ton of bricks. So, not only was I learning about the little joys that make me tick but also some serious changes that need to be made - wow, balance.
I thought "Ok Lord, I like this, we are working on the complete woman" (C'mon 2010).

Excited about where I am going,

Lova ya, Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment