Flooded Thoughts and Crucial Conversation*

I'm CHANGED, NEW, REFRESHED, RENEWED and well................I'm READY!


So much has transpired since my last blog, challenges, temptation, distraction, love, life and empowerment. (Not in that order) Unfortunately, I cannot always blog because there is an adventure to be had, called life, but I tell you what, while I have you here, take a seat, get a drink, and let's talk.


Ok, so I have told you before that when I was little I had a vivid imagination and loved to run into dreams and stay there for a while, today, let's sit by the fire on comfy couches. I imagine that the room smells of warm vanilla and we are wrapped up in fur throws, each having a comfy couch to ourselves. The fire is crackling and the tea lights and candles strategically placed all around the room. I see a tea station having the drinks and snacks we desire, all that's needed now is great conversation.


So now that we are comfortable, wrapped in our throws, smelling vanilla, with our snacks and drinks, let me tell you a story. This story is a familiar one, but don't let that take away from the truth inside. I am a firm believer that a gift can be wrapped in many ways and that timing, perspective, and desire are all great contributors when it comes to what we choose to receive. As I tell my story, I pray that you have an open mind and allow God to speak farther than these words, directly to your heart and let Him live there.



John 5 (Amplified Bible)


John 5


 1LATER ON there was a Jewish festival (feast) for which Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
    2Now there is in Jerusalem a pool near the Sheep Gate. This pool in the Hebrew is called Bethesda, having five porches (alcoves, colonnades, doorways).


    3In these lay a great number of sick folk--some blind, some crippled, and some paralyzed (shriveled up)--[a]waiting for the bubbling up of the water.


    4For an angel of the Lord went down at appointed seasons into the pool and moved and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was cured of whatever disease with which he was afflicted.


    5There was a certain man there who had suffered with a deep-seated and lingering disorder for thirty-eight years.


    6When Jesus noticed him lying there [helpless], knowing that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, Do you want to become well? [Are you really in earnest about getting well?]


    7The invalid answered, Sir, I have nobody when the water is moving to put me into the pool; but while I am trying to come [into it] myself, somebody else steps down ahead of me.


    8Jesus said to him, Get up! Pick up your bed (sleeping pad) and walk!


    9Instantly the man became well and recovered his strength and picked up his bed and walked. But that happened on the Sabbath.




He walked; now for a paralyzed man, that's big stuff. The inability to move your limbs freely, to do for yourself, to speak (for some), stricken to lie in the same state day after day. That is pretty hard to imagine for a person that has moved freely for 29 years now, but envision it. Sit in your seat right now, close your eyes and picture yourself there. Paralyzed, on your side and waiting for someone to have mercy, that is deep.  This man relied on the willingness of another.

Now my question would be in reference to the mindset, where do you stand?

Moving past the place of victim to victor-  The weird thing about the approach is that Jesus asked, "do you want to become well?" and immediately after the man's excuse, Jesus gave a directive. The man followed the directive and took his deliverance.

This blog is short and sweet, the question is if you can only do it once (life) what would you do? This is not a game, no rewind button. There is a moment, an isolated fragment of time when something just clicks in your head and your heart- a call for action. My desire more than anything is to know Jesus.
Yet, when you know Jesus and get into relationship, you walk with him, and grow- your purpose develops right in front of your eyes. All you have to do then is run on the path, its already set- you are predestined.

God willing this is an intro to action, probing you to think....what more can you do? Are you giving everything and if not, are you like the man by the well with the excuse? Are you accustomed to the paralyzed life in some areas? Can you become vulnerable for God? Will you take up your mat and walk? or do you choose to die a slow death of decayed insides because you decided to remain sick.

Personally, I am in a place of discovering who I am in Christ. At 29 years old, I see places in need of improvement, gaps that only God can fill and I want to work to tear the walls down, to be open and available for God.

................................and I am willing to do anything to get there. I do not want to be the same, I want my insides to change I believe God can do it. There is not condemnation is Christ, I repent and keep running- movement is the key.

You have one life, live it like it!


My prayer is that you are open to who God truly is and allow Him to transform you, do not quit the process. The only life is in Him, nothing else is worth living.

Libby-

Head was full of thoughts so I chose to write them down.

Commit your life to work for God and communicate Christ to the world, once you know of his goodness, its a shame to keep it to yourself. NEVER QUIT!









No comments:

Post a Comment