GET REAL: From the ICU to Recovery*






















I was born into this world with a major birth defect, because I did not get proper treatment, my condition got worse. I developed several complications and injuries because I did not go through surgery as a child. Now as an adult, I am just recovering from major heart and brain surgery. Even though my new organs were accepted I feel a resistance like no other, my body didn't reject my new blessings but the warfare pretends as if it did-so the need to fight increases and this time I am fighting for my life.

Many false images of God try to co-exist in our belief of who Christ is. Apathy grows as people lose heart and gain self in a quest to grow spiritually or indulge in religiosity. To know Christ is to deny self-the flesh acts as our worst enemy. Past pain creates a sense of entitlement-believing we are deserving of better. The new heart is necessary to really know Christ, we are incapable of real understanding with it.

There is a newness in the wind, God is doing a mighty work. The call for surgery is loud and clear.

The heart and the mind must be put under the authority of the Father's will for your life. Even though the word had come to me on several occasions about the heart and mind, its connection, and its importance for perspective and growth in Christ, I missed the message and continued to walk in the detrimental behavior that kept my mind bound and my heart decayed. The decision to get surgery is the most important and acts as the beginning stages to liberty in Christ.

This decision is simply Mark 8:34-35:

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 35For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.


It took me awhile to realize that it was me that stood in the way to separate me from the desired relationship with God. According to Genesis we are made in His image and His likeness, we have dominion and power, with Christ living in us, where is the disconnect? It has to lie in the fact that we do not internalize, receive, or understand that truth. There is an absence of the true fear of God, which is the beginning of wisdom.

Proverbs 1:7:

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.



Does is not make sense? If you don't reverence God as you should you can never understand. When we hear the word fear we think one thing, this fear is not however, the fear of hell, torment, and punishment but the true acknowledgement of who He is and everything God encompasses. The true fear of the Lord is a positive quality, in Hebrew this kind of fear is called yirah. This fear should motivate and inspire a response that parallels with God's word and purpose for your life. If we realized his greatness the need to please Him would increase. The all knowing, all seeing God should put fear in the hearts of man, for He shall not be mocked and every seed planted will produce a harvest, get it? Many operate in lawlessness and totally disregard God's word and warnings when it comes to something the flesh desires. We choose to indulge in that thing and then later repent. So we have satisfied the flesh first and think about God later-this is not abundant living, in this instance Christ was not acknowledged, nor was the Father's will considered.

Let's look at the woman at the well. Where was her heart? God knew her when she didn't even know herself. He instructed her "Go get your husband" I look at that piece because many of us try to pretend and fake as if we have it all together but He knows all. She answered honestly from her current position and that's what God expects of us. How can we repent if we don't take ownership of our mishaps? Do you see how we act as our own stumbling blocks?

Realize your need for the Lord and go to Him for the surgery. He will not deny you. Please search your heart and seek truth, what is real versus the generic. God isn't compared to anything else and He has no substitutions. The void we have can only be filled by Christ. No substitutions necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment